Carbon Dioxide Fire Extinguishers
- CO2 fire extinguishers eliminate fire by taking away the oxygenelement of the fire and removing heat with a very cold discharge
- Carbon dioxide extinguishers can be used on Class B & C fires
- This type of extinguishers tends to be ineffective on Class A fires
Halogenated or Clean Agent Fire Extinguishers
- Halotron extinguishers include the halon agents and halocarbon agents, which have less ozone depleting qualities.
- Fire is extinguished by interrupting the chemical reaction of the fire triangle
- Clean agent extinguishers are primarily for Class B & C fires
- Larger clean agent extinguishers can be used on Class A, B, and C fires
Peterborough Fire Extinguishers would be happy to advise you on the type of fire extinguisher needed to meet the Ontario fire code and local fire department regulations.