Dry Chemical Fire Extinguishers
- The multipurpose dry chemical fire extinguisher is today’s most widely used type of extinguisher
- These types of fire extinguishers interrupt the chemical reactionof the fire
- Multipurpose dry chemical extinguishers are effective on Class A, B, and C fires
- Multipurpose dry chemical extinguishers also work by creating a barrier between the oxygenelement and the fuel element on Class A fires
- Ordinary dry chemical is for Class B & C fires only
- Using an incorrect type of extinguisher can allow the fire to re-ignite after looking like it’s already been extinguished
Wet Chemical Fire Extinguishers
- Wet Chemicalextinguishers eliminate fire by removing the heat of the fire triangle
- They prevent re-ignition by creating a barrier between the oxygenand fuel elements
- Wet chemical of Class K extinguishers were developed for fire prevention near deep fat fryers in commercial kitchens.
- Some wet chemical extinguishers may also be used on Class A fires in commercial kitchens.