Dry Chemical Fire Extinguishers
- The multipurpose dry chemical fire extinguisher is today’s most widely used type of extinguisher
- These types of fire extinguishers interrupt the chemical reactionof the fire
- Multipurpose dry chemical extinguishers are effective on Class A, B, and C fires
- Multipurpose dry chemical extinguishers also work by creating a barrier between the oxygenelement and the fuel element on Class A fires
- Ordinary dry chemical is for Class B & C fires only
- Using an incorrect type of extinguisher can allow the fire to re-ignite after looking like it’s already been extinguished
Wet Chemical Fire Extinguishers
- Wet Chemicalextinguishers eliminate fire by removing the heat of the fire triangle
- They prevent re-ignition by creating a barrier between the oxygenand fuel elements
- Wet chemical of Class K extinguishers were developed for fire prevention near deep fat fryers in commercial kitchens.
- Some wet chemical extinguishers may also be used on Class A fires in commercial kitchens.
Peterborough Fire Extinguishers would be happy to advise you on the type of fire extinguisher needed to meet the Ontario fire code and local fire department regulations.